Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Don't Worry...content forthcoming...soon

Sorry folks, this is another content light night.  Unfortunately I've been running around like a chicken with its head  cut off (seriously, what a horrible expression) getting ready to cross the Mason Dixon line.  I haven't had much time to think about meal planning, grocery shopping, or what I am actually putting into my body.  That has resulted in not the best choices.  I have seen a new pattern the past few weeks.  After having a successful weigh-in on Monday, I proceed to celebrate with a few days of eating.  I've been slowly working my way through a bag of pistachios from Memorial Day weekend.  I didn't even bother to point those out because I know I'm consuming more than I should in a day!  After putting myself through a serious guilt trip mid week, I'm able to reign in the eating to finish up strong.  Pretty sure that is not the point of Weight Watchers, but hey, right now I'm just trying to cobble together a diet in-between company, end of the school year parties, mom gatherings, and now travel plans.  I'm beginning to realize there is no getting back to a routine, but the very routine I'm in is one of constant change.

Last night I was out with all the other Moms from our Pre-School.  It was a much needed night, and I was really glad it was on Monday so I could follow my above mentioned routine.  The menu was Tapas.  I allowed myself to enjoy a glass of Sangria (the last time I had this was for my sister's 30th...suffice it to say I didn't recognize pictures that had been taken that night and I swore of drinking for the year) and snacked on a variety of tid bits.  I could have easily plowed through an entire sampler plate on my own, but the pressure of eating in front of others, especially those who know I'm on a diet, kept me in check.  Are any of you out there equally influenced by other's eating habits?  Seriously, if I'm in a group I feel like I'm observing what everyone else is eating because I don't want to be the one that everyone talks about after I leave.  "Dude, did you see how much see packed away?"  I'm pretty sure NO one else thinks like this, would notice what others are eating, or would think to say anything behind anyone's back.  But in a strange way I'm sort of glad I have this bizarre insecurity as it probably helps me not to polish off more than I really need.

Tonight I was looking forward to a nice simple meal.  I hadn't planned anything but knew there were some odds and ends in the house.  That was quickly derailed upon venturing into the fridge.  I decided to clear out some old food (there was actually a container of blue rice....I kid you not....I've never seen mold turn something blue before).  I wish I hadn't looked too closely because there was a huge food accident in the back of the fridge.  There were so many containers of old food that I didn't see the spill of tomato sauce going the length of the back of the fridge and pooling under the fruit drawer.  There is nothing more repulsive to me that cleaning dirty sticky caked on stains out of a fridge.  I imagine the swarms of bacteria that are probably crawling onto my fingers as I vigorously scrub.  After I did battle with the sauce I moved through the rest of the shelves until the job was done.  At that point it was almost 9 and my taste for food was not strong.  I ended up having a bowl of microwave soup and a piece of Naan.  Nothing special, but quick, and not super high in points (9).  The down side is that I'm left sitting here writing about this instead of something meaningful, funny, or inspirational.  I can assure you that funny is to come once down South.

On a side note, want to send a shout out to my sister.  She is almost at 20 lbs lost herself (dieting in groups really does work...so for anyone of you out there dieting on your own, try to connect yourself to someone as it's nice for support).  She is on the cusp of going down to a different number bracket too....1 pound away at her weigh in this AM.  One of those irksome moments where you are happy to be knocking at the door but cursing the fact that you just didn't have quite enough will power to lay off that last glass of wine or chip or piece of bread, because maybe that would have meant the difference in that one measly little pound.  But I'm so proud of her.  She has farther to go than I and is just staying with it through the ups and downs knowing that eventually she'll make it.  So keep going sis....even if it takes twice as long as planned it's the fact that you're getting there.

Until tomorrow, happy healthy eating to you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment