Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Weigh-in...Week 12 and still going!

The double weigh in was a success today.  On my two home scales I stand at 153, so another pound chipped off the old body.  On the official Dr. Scale I was 152.  I think, despite the extra pound, I will call myself 153 and keep working off my own scales moving forward.  But it's nice to know in the back of my mind I'm one pound less.

I am happy to report I'm feeling a lot better because I know I'm still losing weight while I've loosened up a bit on my restrictive eating.  I have been tracking a little bit less, which I do NOT really encourage.  I still account my most my success to being vigilant about counting and tracking all my eating.  I need to make sure I continue this practice because I think it's pretty easy to slip back into old habits.  But knowing I can "slack" off a bit during the week makes this process easier.  Especially knowing that I am about to enter the land of temptation, the deep South, makes me breath a little bit that I can eat here and there.  I do know that I am going to have to track much more than I have because I know this is the perfect time to completely fall off the wagon.  Nine days is a long time to be away from home and routine.  Throw in some travel days, and you can see how a diet can become derailed in no time at all.  On the plus side, I'm pretty sure that whatever calories I do ingest will be promptly sweat out within minutes of consumption.  Did I mention I am not a good hot weather person?  I was in FL in August once and I really thought I was going to die.

The big question now is how much more to lose.  I had arbitrarily set 20 lbs as a goal.  I am within 1 pound of that goal, but I still don't feel "done."  I think there is still some miscellaneous pudge and chub in areas there shouldn't be.  I am beginning to let go of the idea my stomach is going to shrink much more than it has.  I think shy of a tummy tuck (or at the very least some damn sit ups) I'm stuck with that fat roll.  But some clothes are still snug and I don't think a little extra weight loss is a bad idea.  In an ideal world I would get myself down to 145 (I haven't seen those days since early college).  I think that is a long shot, but it seems a good "new" goal to set.  The idea being that I would have a 5 pound swing, making 150 my ceiling.  It would be nice to not worry about a few extra pounds putting me above my goal weight.  I'd rather be under so I can go up and down depending on heavier entertaining weeks.  My Dr. thought shooting to be between 145 and 150 was perfect, even though she was A OK with my current weight from a clinical perspective.

So, that sums up another Monday.  That gives you a bit of an update on my new goal as I'm approaching completion of Phase 1!  I hope everyone else is having results and continued perseverance in their dieting.  All I can say is keep up the good work everyone.  One day, one week, one month at a time.  It adds up eventually.  So keep it up!  Until tomorrow, happy healthy eating.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Congrats! I have been slacking on tracking and really need to get back with it so I can see more than 1/2 pound losses....

LER said...

You can do it Stacey!! And hey, 1/2 lb is still 1/2 lb! May take longer to get there, but eventually you can. Stay strong buddy.

Marleen Callahan said...

Great job, Lauren! I'm back on WW myself to lose this fun baby weight so I totally understand what you are going through:)

A. said...

Where are the before and after pics now that you're approaching goal weight ;-)? Seriously, though - congrats! You should feel proud about what you've done!

Post a Comment