Monday, April 5, 2010

Another Monday...another result.

Here I am at the start of week four of el diet!  Happy to report that I am down another three pounds (I took the average of my two scales as I said I would, but man I wanted to go with the lowest number!!).  Starting week four, I am now at 165.  I can feel myself knocking on the door of the 150's.  That would be a HUGE feat for me as I have not been in that range since the days before my wedding.  I have gotten to 162 before, but I had been really sick which I think helped.  Instead of capitalizing on that I ate my way back to the 170's.  I suppose if I starved myself this whole damn process would go a lot quicker, but I really hope by doing this the "right" way that by the time the journey is over it will have taken long enough that the way I'm eating is "normal" thus helping to avoid ballooning up again.  

Per my post last night I have a kitchen full of candy doing it's best to persuade me to leave the 150's in the past and to embrace a new squishier me.  I was so close to a binge attack, but I quickly ran from the kitchen and retreated to my office upstairs.  To be honest, I wasn't much in the mood to write today...I really don't have a ton to say or a lot of creative energy due to the fact my toddler has been sick and I have had a few sleep interrupted nights.  My sister is not much in the mood to be doing her reading for school.  There was a box of old old old pictures in the office so instead of being productive we've spent the past 45 minutes thumbing through old snapshots.  Lots of high school and college days.  With those days was a SUPER skinny me..one which I have no illusions about ever becoming again.  I am OK with that.  But we did pull out a few that highlighted our skinny days and we plan to put out just as a reminder to keep up the hard work because it will be wroth it in the end.

The only thing mildly discouraging about those pictures is that the bulk of them seemed to have piles of food and buckets of booze at the center of attention.  It just doesn't seem fair that time has caught up with us and we can't eat and drink the way we used to without consequence.  Although, I have to say that while I still have a long way to go to reach my rough goal, I am feeling more positive each day that I pin under my belt.  I am already planning my celebration meal which will in no way shape or form resemble anything diet conscious.  I have soooooooooo many favorite dishes to chose from I just don't know what I'll do.  I think it fitting to have a big pig out fest to celebrate a large weight loss, don't you?  It does seem ironic, but I think if you kept it to one day it would be OK to jump on in.  Some of the front runners right now are Chicken Enchiladas with my special Guacamole, my mom's homemade pizza (the dough is amazing), an entire box of linguine topped with some sort of bacon cream sauce, and of course to top it all off a pint of Ben & Jerry's.  Perhaps I'll even treat myself and buy 3 of my favorite flavors and eat a bit of each.  I could eat this all in one setting but I think that would be overkill.  Now I need to stop myself because those days are a ways off still.  And if I keep thinking about all these special treats I am going to drive myself to those Easter candy baskets in seek of comfort.  Nothing says "I love you" like chocolate.

Anyway, sorry folks if this was a more or less pointless entry...I have a few recipes so if I get the energy to post one later I will.  But I felt I must keep to reporting my weight to the world every Monday.  Until later, happy healthy eating.

2 comments:

Mommy, Esq. said...

Not a pointless entry. I do miss those high school and college days. I've been bemoaning wrinkles that have been appearing. My waistline needs to wait until I have this baby. Then I can complain about that!

susanne13 said...

The ONLY way I have ever been down to 140 (and that is apparently NOT an ideal weight for someone who is 5'5") is when I was running 35-40 miles a week (yep, 6 miles a day, 5 days a week plus with a long run). Really, who has the time and energy for that anymore?!? You're doing great, LER!!

Post a Comment