Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Morning Stats

Another Monday, another weigh-in.  Have I started a Monday entry the same way before?  Who knows.  Once again, I'm happy to report I'm down another 2 lbs resting comfortably at 160.  Doh, just missed the 50's!!  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I'm steadily losing and for once that looming number of around 150 doesn't seem totally unobtainable.  While the first 12 lbs wasn't easy to lose, I would imagine this last 10 or so is going to be killer.  I'm wondering where I'm going to get "stuck"...my body telling me "hey, this is it lady, be grateful!"  I have to imagine that the closer I get the slower the weight loss will be.  Anyway, I'm just hoping I can break the big barrier next week and finally be able to write 5 instead of 6 for the middle number.  Seriously, that has been YEARS in the making.

I want to give a shout out to my sister who only had a tiny weight loss this week.  She has been right there with me doing the diet thing but she seems to be having a little more difficulty scraping off those pesky old pounds.  She did have a really good drop last week, but this week seems slow again.  I hope she knows that I could not have lost the 12 I have to date without her constant support and our old spinster daily household routine.  I'm sure I would have stopped measuring, starting eating buckets of Parmesan covered pasta (on old standby when I'm too tired to cook post toddler bedtime), and worst of all slowly continued to put on a pound here or there.  The hardest part, at least for me, is that when you feel overweight your natural inclination is to eat to feel better.  Yes, I am a depression eater!  Feel chubby, eat a donut.  Feel chubbier, why not a calzone?  And so on and so forth.  The only thing that has kept me going has been the cheerleading from her and all the comments coming in from you guys!!  So my sister (and fellow dieters), keep at it, because eventually it will come off...don't fall into the trap of the weight loss demon slow you down.

I realize this is a short entry, I may try to write more later but hoping to use my afternoon time to fit in a swim. It would be fabulous to knock off one of those two swims this week on a Monday!  Anyway, hope everyone else out there is starting out the week on a good note and lets all toast another week of healthy eating!

5 comments:

A. said...

I read the word calzone and started salivating. I've definitely got the "rainy Monday" munchies. Must stay strong!

Way to go on the weight loss! And tell your sis I'm rooting for her, too!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lauren...I am going to forget the disappointment and look at in a positive light. I did lose 1/4 of pound and that is better than staying the same or gaining. New week new focus...I am going to work in some exercise this week and hope for a bigger loss next Monday!

I needed this!

Meg

Kelly said...

I was reading some weight loss article that said the best way to lose weight is to lose 1 - 2 lbs a week. It's the safest way to take it off and the best way to keep it off. Keep up the good work!

Stacey said...

I've been doing it for 4 weeks and find that I drop a little one week and a lot more the next. Weird but it works for me. The killer is that you realize this WW diet is supposed to be a LIFESTYLE, right? Not a diet. Which means you can never really stop it. There, did I inspire or depress you? :-)

susanne13 said...

Congrats, that is seriously awesome!!!

Post a Comment