Monday, May 10, 2010

New Weight and Pesky Monday Cravings

Starting the week down another pound...current weight is 157.  So I've hit the big 15 for total weight loss.  I never gained the freshman 15 when I was in college but I guess I did later in life.  I have to say it was way more fun putting it on than taking it off.  I was hoping for a slightly bigger number but a loss is a loss and that is good especially after a pig-out mother's day.  I have to say that after my blog last night I felt obligated to eat a small portion of the Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup Ice cream.  So all things considered, it could have been much worse!

Furthermore, I am super PMS so I am going to tell myself there is some extra water weight hanging around.  Therefore, if I have a good week I'm projecting HUGE numbers next week - ha ha ha.  The challenge will be how to make it through the next few critical snack craving days without eating myself through house and home.  Whenever I go to my dad's house he sends me home with lots of cookies.  So after this weekend visit I now have three containers of bakery fresh cookies: Black and White Cookies (my ultimate favorite...when I lived in NYC years ago I'd get one with my lunch just about everyday....ah, those were the days), a package of regular Madeline's, and a package of chocolate flavored Madeline's.  And you all know there is that PB Cup Ice Cream gently calling me to the freezer.  I have already folded and had a B&W post lunch.  That is annoying as I'll have to back into my dinner plan based on what is too many points on a snack!!

Additionally I am sitting in my living room as I write which is just a hop skip and a jump to the kitchen.  Not good.  Since my husband starting working from home (recent development) he has stolen my office chair and I have not replaced it.  It's amazing how much logistics play in dieting.  Simply having a safe distance between myself and the kitchen makes snack control so much easier.  I think I have some BBQ Kettle Cooked chips in my pantry too.  Yeah, this is going to be a long few days.  I think my continued drifting to thoughts of food even as I type is my cue to get myself either outside to garden, off to the gym to swim, or out for a short bike ride.  Anything to occupy my "nap" time with something constructive verses finding reason I need to visit the kitchen.  Otherwise next week I'll be writing with a number going the wrong way!!

Until tomorrow, happy healthy eating and hope you are all having better luck with your cravings than I am at present!!!

1 comments:

susanne13 said...

Nice job with the loss again! I basically had to stop buying a lot of stuff because I would just eat it up - cereal, crackers, pretty much any snack type of food and not necessarily unhealthy but still, you can't eat an entire container of rice crackers!!! Jake snacks on stuff filled with gluten so it's not an issue. And my husband doesn't snack (WTF??). So if I want to eat something, I either have to cook it or it's fruit or veggies, cheese or yogurt!

Post a Comment