Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Night Ramblings

I almost feel like I should save my Sunday Night Rambling post for tomorrow since it's a holiday weekend.  I'm sure my mindset will be the same.  However, I have little to say, little energy to write, and tomorrow at the very least I can report my weight.  So that in itself is a topic!

1.  I am coming to a close on the end of this week, my first full week back without cheating.  I felt like I had a great start but struggled over the weekend with food cravings.  I am hoping with this week under my belt and my husband heading out of town mid week my focus will be back and I'll again see weight loss results.  I'm nervous about tomorrow's weigh in but am just hoping this week was successful.

2.  I had one major goof up last night.  However, I believe I am still within my flex points so I am hoping that didn't hurt the weight loss for the week.  Let me preface this short tale by telling you I am NOT a night time eater (by night time I mean in the middle of the night).  When I went to bed I was not quite satisfied (my meal was sub par to put it nicely).  I wanted a sweet but fought the urge to over indulge in desserts.  Once in bed I lay there listening to my husband snore...he's almost like a buzz saw.  After an hour of watching TV and trying to sleep I was still thinking about food.  I thought if I continued fighting my urge I would never get to sleep.  So I tip toed downstairs (why I don't know b/c my husband has been know to sleep through hotel fire alarms so I highly doubt he'd hear me on the stairs) to the kitchen.  First I had a few bites of my husband's version of the Chicken Dumplings we had for dinner (yes, we had his and hers versions as usual).  The I moved onto one of my Weight Watcher's Peanut Butter Cup Sundae Desserts.  I was like some sort of starving vagabond eating by the light of the fridge afraid at any moment that my husband would catch me in the act.  It's not like I was doing something illegal but closet eating seems almost embarrassing.  There is a 50/50 chance I'll get caught via this blog...but he is not an everyday reader so my moment of night time weakness may go unnoticed.  If not I'm sure I'll never hear the end of it!

3.  I mentioned his and hers chicken dumplings.  I have to say I'm sort of fed up with the same old same old and more than anything wanted some good old comfort food.  Southern style chicken and dumplings is among my favorite.  It's a pain in the ass dish to prepare and one that my husband does better than I.  So in essence I win on both fronts...a meal I love and one I don't have to cook!  However, I don't even have to look at the recipe to know the entire dish is a big fat no no for a dieter.  A whole chicken, flour, bacon grease, butter...yum yum, but no fun on the belt.  While online my man found a Weight Watcher's recipe for Chicken Dumplings.  Upon reading through the recipe, it didn't seem like it would be too bad.  Let me assure you it was not great.  I thank my husband for trying.  At the same time I want to yell at him because he made a separate "safe" version in case the somewhat doubtful recipe failed.  Fail it did and he has his more fattening version available.  Also available for me in the wee hours of the night.  In the end I did what I could to eat the dinner and improved upon it for leftovers tonight.  This is one recipe I will not be repeating or sharing with you all.

4.  Tomorrow we are having a few friends come for a visit.  Having real food eating friends over we will need real food for them to eat.  I would very much like to enjoy the feast but will try to keep myself away from the angel food cake, the burgers, potato salad, and most of all the pasta salad.  A self admitted carb junkie, anything pasta is my Kryptonite.  Oh, and we also bought one of those 100 piece hor d'oeuvres boxes from Costco.  Yeah, that should be fun to serve and watch other's eat.  While I love that I can fit into old clothes, feel better physically and mentally, I have to say I'm getting rather irritable watching everyone else around me eat things I know taste way better than what I'm eating.  Sigh.  Goal weight - please come soon!!!

5.  I will be making a trip down south to Mississippi shortly.  I am already having anxiety about how I am going to escape all the pitfalls that not only accompany anyone traveling outside of the home, but I'm going into the belly of the beast.  The motherland of all things caloric.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  I think I may need to not only stay on point the next two weeks, but I may actually need to go on a complete and total food strike in preparation for this trip.  At the very least I'm sure it will provide lots of humorous content rich stories for you all.

OK, I'm going to say good night to you all.  I hope anyone who is still in the midst of Memorial Day Weekend festivities that you are staying strong and finding your way to the standard vegetable tray at everyone's BBQ.  Until tomorrow, happy and healthy eating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment