Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday night Ramblings

Tonight should be a good set of ramblings...my brain feels like a jigsaw puzzle.  Lots of things going on and this is the first moment I've sat stopped going all day.  Phew, am tired.  It's been a weekend of good, bad and ugly!

1.  I will start off with the bad.  I had take out on Friday night.  I have not had take out since beginning the diet many weeks ago (I've actually lost count but think I'm on week 7 or 8).  I'm sure you can order healthy take out, but really...if you are ordering take out it's probably because you are too tired to cook which means you are even less likely to care that what you are eating is most likely not on the diet plan.  I decided if I was going to cheat I might as well really live it up and I ordered Thai food.  A giant helping of Massaman Chicken Curry dribbled over a large helping of Thai Sticky Rice (I have NO clue what they do to make this rice stick like glue, but I'm sure there is some additive that contains calories/points).  The creamy mix of coconut milk, curry spices, chicken, veggies and peanuts was like Heaven.  I was riddled with guilt with each bite, but once I started I couldn't stop.  I ate it all....the rice the entire helping of curry.  I felt positively ill afterward...like I was in some sort of drunken food coma.  I have no idea how many points I ingested and I don't care.  It was probably just what I needed to satisfy an itch and to remember what it's like to feel gross after a total pig out session.

2.  The good...I am back on track after Thai Fest Friday.  I stayed on point both Sat and again today (even though it's not over I'm projecting I'm good for the night).  I don't know if my last two days of diet re-dedication are going to be enough to save me from additional weight gain.  I hope at the very least I'll stay the same as last week.  I feel like a bit of a broken record the past two weeks saying I have been fighting snack urges.  This seems to be what happens to me, I fall off my program, start snacking and then have blown all that work.  I simply give up.  I'm fighting that like crazy this time...mostly because I've never had this much success before and I can actually see a result.  So I'm going to fight like crazy to get back to my eating in moderation.  I'm hoping for a kind weigh in tomorrow to keep my spirits up!

3.  The ugly.  My hands look like they were dipped in boiling water....many blisters all over.  Why you might ask?  All because I moved my lawn.  What you ask??  Yes, I moved my lawn and now my hands are a shredded mess.  This is not the first time I've handled a lawn mover people.  With a perpetually absent husband most of the man chores fall on my shoulders.  My mother-in-law can even testify to my operating the snow blower at 10pm at night when she was up for a rare winter visit (my Southern family tends to steer clear of the Northeast during those brutal winter months).  I don't mind mowing the lawn.  We moved to our current house late last summer so I believe I only got in a mow or two before the season.  My husband has done the first two mows this season.  To say I was ill prepared for the task at hand was an understatement.  My yard (I am currently renting so this is NOT my doing) is as lumpy as a Polo field post Polo match.  You wouldn't know it looking at it but as soon as you start walking on it you wonder if there is a group of gophers living underground or an overactive squirrel burying population.  Bocce is made WAY more interesting by our lawn dents.  At any rate, while the yard is small it took me almost an hour to push my old sad mower through the bumps and ditches.  At the conclusion my hands were gnarled sad little appendages.  Hopefully those will heal soon.

4.  I did not swim at all this week.  Very bad.  I did a lot of yard work/gardening today...doubt that made up for the lack of pool time but it's something.

5.  My man is back in two days.  Good and bad on that front.  It's been fabulous not having to make 20 course meals that contain 5 meat products.  I do miss him so am genuinely looking forward to his return.  I just wish he was coming home with a lobotomy ready to eat any calorie free morsel I prepare.  To dream.  I'm once again going to have to deal with him restocking the house with chips and fatty foods.

6.  My husband found an interesting site called Stumbled Upon (http://www.stumbleupon.com/).  It makes personalized recommendations for websites based on what you say you do and don't like.  If only I'd known about this eternal time suck when I was working a desk job.  I was a late adopter of Facebook too.  Perhaps that is why going back to "real" work is so unappealing.  But with websites like this, work might be manageable if I had to.  At any rate, once at stumbledupon, my husband stumbled upon the following site: http://www.tastespotting.com/.  This is my virtual version of cheating.  I go to this food site a few times a day just to look at all the pretty pictures of food.  If I'm feeling particularly punishing I will read the actual recipe and imagine how good it must taste.  Anyway, I had to share in case anyone else felt looking at food may keep them from eating actual food!

With that, I think it's time I signed off and found a diet dessert.  Fingers crossed everyone had good diet conscious weekends.  Until weight in Monday, happy and healthy eating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment